March 16th, 2020
There is no doubt that these are unusual times. These times require unique and unprecedented steps be taken to protect our residents, staff, family members, and visitors. We do know that COVID-19 is very contagious and can be spread easily from person to person. Our utmost priority is the safety of our residents, your loved ones and our care associates.
Effective Immediately for all visitors to our skilled nursing and senior living communities
As part of our continued efforts to decrease the risk and spread of COVID-19, please review this communication.
Pursuant to federal requirements, visitors will be restricted, except under the following limited circumstances:
- End-of-life situations.
- Health care professionals as required by the plan of care.
- Avalon skilled nursing and senior care communities will follow federal and state guidelines as they evolve.
All visitors must wash or sanitize their hands prior to entering the facility, and frequently throughout their time in the facility.
Visitors should be mindful of “social distancing” (maintain six feet distance from others).
All visitors and employees will be screened for:
- Respiratory infection symptoms.
- Unexplained fever (subjective or ≥100.4°F or 38°C).
- Confirmed or suspected contact with any individual diagnosed with the novel Coronavirus now officially named COVID-19 in the preceding 14 days.
- Travel from any international country with a CDC Level 3 travel advisory in the preceding 14 days. (see CDC website for list).
Increased Measures in place:
- Taking daily temperature readings for all employees who are working, residents, patients, and visitors.
- Monitoring for respiratory symptoms which include cough, sore throat and shortness of breath.
- Group outings and activities are postponed until further notice.
- Group activities including group dining and other social activities in high risk areas are suspended.
Our care teams live the Avalon foundational belief: we embrace a reverence for life and a heart for healing. We realize this is a frustrating and worrisome time. We will do everything possible to ensure your loved ones’ safety and make every effort to assist you in communicating with them. We are here for you, your family, each other, and our communities during this difficult time.
Please contact us with any additional questions or concerns you may have. Please direct all media inquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 801-924-8570. Please include reporter name, media outlet, office and mobile phone numbers, email address, and specifics concerning the request and the deadline.
For frequently asked questions, please click here.