July 30, 2020
Avalon Health Care remains committed to the safety of our residents, your loved ones, and our care staff. In an ongoing effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the following policies remain in place for all our skilled nursing and senior living communities:
We continue to strictly limit access to our facilities and carefully screen all people entering our buildings in accordance with CDC and CMS guidelines. Only essential visitors and vendors are allowed access to the building as determined on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Pursuant to federal and state guidance, visitors will be restricted, except under the following limited circumstances:
- End-of-life situations.
- Health care professionals as required by the plan of care.
All visitors should:
- • Practice “social distancing” (maintain six feet distance from others).
- • Comply with requirements for personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks, as directed by the facility.
- • Adhere to guidelines set up for visitation by the facility administration.
- • Wash or sanitize their hands prior to entering the facility, and frequently throughout their time in the facility.
Avalon skilled nursing and senior care communities will continue to follow federal and state guidelines on visitation as they evolve.
Our screening measures remain in place as directed by CDC, state, and federal agencies. All visitors and employees must practice hand hygiene upon arrival and will be screened for:
- Symptoms of COVID-19 infection
- Confirmed or suspected contact with any individual diagnosed with COVID-19 in the preceding 14 days.
C. Enhanced Measures
We continue to remain vigilant and monitor for any signs of possible infection. The following measures remain in place at our care communities:
- Taking daily temperatures of all residents and staff.
- Monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Group outings and activities remain postponed until further notice, or until state restrictions are lifted.
- Group activities including group dining and other social activities are suspended, until state restrictions are lifted.
We are sincerely grateful for your patience and understanding as we navigate through these very difficult and challenging times together. We will continue to do everything possible to ensure your loved ones’ safety and make every effort to assist you in communicating with them.
We are dedicated to providing quality care for our residents. We will continue to fight to keep our residents and staff safe.
Please contact us with any additional questions or concerns you may have. Please direct all media inquiries by email to email@example.com, or by phone at 801-924-8570. Please include reporter name, media outlet, office and mobile phone numbers, email address, and specifics concerning the request and the deadline.
For frequently asked questions, please click here.